Different descriptions of spiritual direction:
- to listen and be a companion to discover the way the Spirit is leading that person.
- sharing in people`s faith – looking for the movement of Gods Spirit in love and freedom.
- being with another in a caring and listening attitude to discern the holy presence in their lives.
- spiritual direction is accompanying a person/group by listening and supporting them.
- providing space for the person to freely discern the movement of the Spirit in his/her life.
- be present in accompanying, discerning what is important in the ongoing process of transformation by God.
- spiritual accompanying: listening to another experience; noticing, discerning, mirroring, and rejoicing at where the Lord is working.
- spiritual direction is in Danish – “at fremelske” - which means to love into being.